Kelshi Further north from Anjarle, near the border of Raigad district. This village is frequented by pilgrims who come to the Mahalaxmi Temple here, built during the rule of the Peshwa dynasty. Other than the Mahalaxmi Temple, there are other temples here dedicated to Rasha Krishna, Beleshwar and Ganesha, to name a few. Just outside of the village is a lovely beach, which stretches for 2.5 kms and the sunset is said to be spectacular from this beach. Also lots of interesting places around kelshi like:
>> For more Information visit
- Asud Ancient Keshavraj and Vyaghreshwar temples in the midst of scenic hills.
- Karde Has a pristine beach and few resorts.
- Harnai Beach South of old Harnai fort, the palm-fringed beach of Murud is famous for its clean white sands and crystal clear safe waters. Visit the Goa Killa or Harnai fort which is built in different levels. Don't miss the fish auction in the evenings.
- Suvarnadurg Suvarnadurg the island fortress off the coast of Harnai was a fort built by Shivaji to counter the Siddi. Ths fort was later used by Shivaji to counter the Europeans and was a base for the Maratha navy's ship building facility. The town of Harishareshwar, known for its tranquil and picturesque beach is also landmarked by the Kalbhairav Shiva Temple. If you are adventurous enough take a small boat to the North side of the bay, you can see where the Peshwas or Prime Ministers of the Maratha Kingdom originally resided. Also see the Peshwa Smarak and visit the Bankot Fort at Bagmandala, approximately 4 kilometers away.
- Anjarle Few kilometres away from Dapoli is the beach of Anjarle. Ganapati of Hill (Kadyawarcha) In Aanjarle village on the seashore the temple built on huge mountain is known as 'Ganapati of Kadyawar'. After crossing the Jog river creek, there is Aanjarle village. In earlier times there were two temples in the sea, one Temple of Aanjarleshwar & other of Ganapati. They got drowned in the sea, later on Ganapati temple was built on a high mountain. The temple must be of Madhavrao Peshve period. There are 250 steps to it. There is a lake in front of it. It has a big hall & a stone staircase. There is water fountain in the hall, There is a dome, are & many pillars in the temple. The place is cool & pleasant in Dapoli Taluka with seashore & forest. Hence, tourist are attracted at this place.
- Ladghar The beach here called Tamas Teertha is has religious background and many people come here to bathe in the sea water. The sunset here is unforgettable.
- Panhalekaji Ancient, rock cut caves believed to be more than a thousand years old are a treat to architecture lovers. Hindu and Buddhist sculptures cover the walls. There are around 29 caves here which are are located on the banks of the “Kotjai” river.
- Unhavare Situated amidst a picturesque valley, you can bathe in these natural hot springs. The water has medicinal value and can cure some skin diseases.
- Ade Visit the ancient temple of Shree Parshuram. You can also take a stroll on the clean and calm beach.
- Murud Dhondo Keshav karve who started the movement for the women came from this village. There is an ancient temple of Goddess Durgadevi which is on a wooden pillar. There are 28 carved wooden pillars in it. In front of the temple there is 'Appasaheb Smarak'. Also, these is a statue of Maharshi Karve. The Ganapati in lake is also a peculiar feature of Murud. During the summer, when there is less water in the lake, the devotees can visit the Ganapati idol. Accommodation facilities are available in the hotels.
- Jakai Devi Temple, Panderi ( Gharvewadi), Umberghar, Dapoli (27 kilometres away from Dapoli & 5 Kilometres from Dabhol Beach). Ancient Jakai Devi Temple famous in Dabhol Panchkrochi. From Dapoli Umberghar,Panderi S.T. facility is available.
>> For more Information visit